I’ve been considering my own goals for the coming year (not resolutions — I don’t really do the whole New Year’s resolutions thing … it would be more accurate to say that I do daily resolutions since there’s a lot of stuff I need to recommit to each day.) I’ve also been asking other people to share theirs, and I’ve been really fascinated and inspired by all of the different responses so far. Here are some cool ones:
- “I want to continue to declutter and to let go of stuff … if it’s not bringing me happiness, it’s ok to let go of it, even if it’s just going to Goodwill. It would be great to get some money for it, but really, the act of letting go should be enough for me.”
- “I’d love to do another Spartan Race and to do another half-marathon.”
- “A boyfriend!”
- “It’s a big goal to stay active to continue to improve my physical self … it’s a constant battle, but I feel like I’ve been doing pretty well lately.”
- “A new job.”
- “Write more letters — letting people know how they’ve impacted my life and why I’m grateful for them. A friend did this for me this year and it was a really sweet thing — that letter meant a lot.”
- “I want to be able to go to London.”
- “I hope to be an active and productive participant in an organization I recently joined … I was appointed as a Board Member and I just want to learn as much as I can and to bring value.”
- “My own place to live.”
- “I hope to continue to go to AA meetings. I recently started going again after several years away from meetings, and it does a lot for me mentally and spiritually. I’m glad to be back.”
I love the mix of things here — I love knowing what people dream about, and I love encouraging them to talk about this stuff more often to help keep it in focus, despite all the other distractions and complications we will inevitably be dealing with next year. And most of all, I love trying to find ways to help support my peeps as they work toward their goals.
My own dreams and hopes for 2017? Still under construction, but I will share them soon!
What’s on your plate for 2017? What do you want the most in the year ahead?